Orange roasted carrots are a side dish that is fit for company but easy enough to make any time! They are tender and bursting with sweet orange flavor!
I came across an orange roasted carrot recipe from Ina Garten (the queen), made a few adjustments for our liking, and the results are these delicious orange roasted carrots!
Ingredients for Orange Roasted Carrots:
- Carrots of course
- orange zest and juice from 1 fresh orange
- olive oil
- Parsley…optional but makes it so pretty at the end!
These carrots are so simple to make. You’ll start with peeling and cutting your carrots. I like to cut them into about 3 long pieces then cut the fatter end in half so everything cooks evenly.
The orange sauce is just as easy! It’s the orange zest, juice, olive oil, honey, and salt. I made this in a bowl so I could photograph the consistency but you can totally make this in a zip-top bag and make it even easier clean-up!
After making the sauce, you can add in the carrots and toss them to coat them evenly.
You’ll then add the carrots to a 9×13 baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. This helps them steam and soften in the oven and ensures they turn out nice and tender! Uncover them half-way through the cooking time to let them brown. I like to turn the oven on broil for the last 5 minutes to get a nice golden color on them.
Once finished, you can top them with a little extra orange zest and parsley for an extra pop of color but that’s optional.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Orange Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (from 1 naval orange)
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (from 1 naval orange)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons course salt
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°
- Be sure to zest your orange before you cut and juice it. If I have enough zest, you can save a little to sprinkle on after cooking but that's optional.
- Add the orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, honey, and salt to a bowl and wisk until the honey has incorporated smoothly.
- Toss the carrots in the sauce mixture to coat them.
- Add the carrots and all of the sauce to a 9x13 pan or a sheet pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes while covered then remove the cover and bake for another 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender. I sometimes will broil them for about 5 minutes at the end to get a little more golden color.
- Optional: sprinkle with the reserved orange zest and a bit of fresh parsley and serve warm.