This Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is one of mine and my husband’s favorite side dishes! I love broccoli almost any way you can cook it, but roasting it with parmesan cheese and seasonings really brings out amazing flavors.
If you are someone who hates mushy broccoli, you HAVE to try roasting it! The edges get crispy and it stays firm but tender on the inside. Roasting the broccoli with the parmesan cheese also brings out this unique (almost nutty) flavor that you just can’t get with steaming.
How to make Parmesan Roasted Broccoli:
It starts off as most great recipes do…in a ziploc bag. What is it about shaking something in a bag that makes me feel like it’s just getting smothered in flavor?! (Please tell me I’m not the only one!)
Broccoli, olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder all get added to the bag and then shake shake shake!
Then the everything gets placed on a parchment lined baking sheet and roasted to perfection! So easy and SO good!! I’m not joking when I say that my husband and I can devour an entire serving dish of this parmesan roasted broccoli all on our own!
If you look at the photo above, you can see that some of the cheese will end up on the pan. DON’T throw it away!! I like to scoop all of that extra cheese and add it on top of my broccoli. The more the merrier!
We like to serve this broccoli with baked pork chops and rice for a perfect meal!
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (Fresh off the block is best!)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and add to a large zip-top bag.
- Add the olive oil to the bag with the broccoli, close the bag and shake to coat the broccoli.
- Open the bag and add in the seasonings and cheese, close again and shake until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour the contents of the bag onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how crispy you like your broccoli.
- When serving, make sure to shake any crispy cheese from the pan back onto the broccoli!