Warning: This queso dip is addicting!! If you’re looking for an appetizer that is easy and a huge crowd pleaser, you’ve found it! It’s creamy, it only has a few ingredients, and it tastes amazing! I’ve been making this since high school (forever ago) and it’s always a huge hit. It’s nothing fussy or fancy but it’s so so good!
I actually made this queso dip a couple of nights ago and I’m ashamed to admit, I’ve eaten way too much of it! And my 4-year-old daughter is also obsessed with it! I have yet to meet a person who doesn’t like it!
I like to serve this in a slow cooker, that way it stays warm and creamy and you don’t have to worry about re-heating it. This slow cooker is the perfect size! Have I mentioned that I have 3 slow cookers? I use a small one for dips, a really big one for my pot roast, and a regular sized one for, well, regular sized meals! 🙂
This recipe makes A LOT of dip so if you’re planning on serving only a few people, you may want to halve the recipe. (That’s what I usually do if I’m making it for just my family.)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (1 ounce)
- 32 ounces velveeta cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces salsa (mild, medium, or hot is fine)
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and cook the ground beef and the taco seasoning until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off the excess fat if needed.
- Cut the cream cheese and the velveeta into about 1 inch squares for quicker melting.
- Add the cooked beef and all other ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours (stirring occasionally). After the 2 hours, keep on "warm" for serving.
- OR...(my preferred & quicker method)Add the cheese, salsa, and cream cheese to a large bowl, and heat in the microwave in 1 minute intervals, stirring in between each minute. (Usually takes about 3 minutes to fully melt. You can then add this to a slow cooker as well and keep on warm for serving.