This Juicy Steak Marinade definitely lives up to it’s name! It’s perfect on just about any cut of steak and pretty much fool proof! If we have steak at our house, you can pretty much guarantee this is how we prepped them.
This marinade has a lot of different flavors but they all work together so well! There’s not really one flavor that stands out above the rest but they all compliment each other perfectly.
Now, you might be thinking, “I’m not a big fan of balsamic”, which is kind of the main ingredient here. Well, let me put your mind at ease. My husband actually HATES balsamic vinegar. Let’s just say he had no clue and devoured his meal! The vinegar just adds a tanginess that you need with beef. It also tenderizes the meat if used correctly.
Now lets talk about our favorite steaks to use with this juicy steak marinade.
Steaks you can marinade:
- Flank steaks
- Hanger steaks (one of my favorites!)
- Skirt steaks
- Ribeye (I know, I know…it’s an expensive steak that already has great flavor but it’s sooooo good with this marinade!)
- Basically any steak you want to “beef” up the flavor!
Now, if you are using the tougher cuts of beef like the flank or hanger, you can marinade much longer…think 6-18 hours. If you are using this on a more tender cut of beef, you can just marinade for 1 hours since you are not trying to break it down any further.
How to cook a marinated steak:
- Grilling (gas or charcoal) We use a gas grill at our house.
- Cast Iron pan
- Pan and oven
No matter what method, you’ll want to bring the steak up to room temperature to ensure that it cooks evenly.
How to store your marinade:
First of all, never ever store used marinade. If you used it, you need to toss it after.
I like to keep a jar of fresh marinade in the fridge and just pour in a little as needed. Each steak only needs about 1/2 cup and it tends to stretch further in a zip-top bag.
Since the marinade has a good deal of vinegar in it, it won’t spoil very quickly. You can keep it in the fridge for 2 weeks.
You can also freeze the marinade to use later.
Juicy Steak Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Steak of choice (we like to use flank, skirts, hanger steaks or even ribeye!)
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the steaks to either a zip-top bag, or a bowl and cover with the marinade. (See notes below for time)
- Once ready to cook, heat your grill to high heat to get a good sear on the outside then lower to medium low and cook to your preferred temperature.