This shrimp marinade packs a huge punch of flavor and is made with ingredients that you can probably already find in your house! They have the perfect amount of tang and just a hint of spice! You can grill these shrimp (my favorite) or you can bake them, or sauté them in a skillet.
Shrimp is something that I actually tend to make quite a bit. They cook so quickly, it’s a light meal, and if they’re frozen, they only take a few minutes to thaw out. I actually cooked these on my George Foreman grill. So much easier than actually getting the big grill out!
The Best Shrimp Marinade
- 1 lb raw shrimp (peeled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced finely)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp hot sauce (or more if you like more spice)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Add all ingredients to a bowl with the shrimp and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate no longer than 30 minutes or the shrimp can get tough.
- If you're planning to use wooden skewers, soak them in water while the shrimp marinade so they won't burn on the grill
- Grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- If you're baking them, heat your oven to 400 and bake for about 8-10 minutes.