This Juicy Crock Pot Turkey Breast says it all in the name! Cooking a turkey breast in the a slow cooker yields juicy, tender, flavorful turkey every time! And you’ll have the oven clear for other baked dishes on Thanksgiving!
This turkey breast almost takes no effort. Just a little prep work and the crock-pot does it’s thing! The drippings from this turkey breast also make an AMAZING TURKEY GRAVY!!
How to make a Juicy Crock Pot Turkey Breast
It starts with placing onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. These not only keep the turkey off of the bottom of the cooker but they also give the drippings AMAZING flavor!
The next step is making the rub mixture. This is what gives this turkey breast soooo much flavor! It includes butter and olive oil and a lot of yummy seasonings making the perfect mixture!
You’ll want to pat the turkey dry before rubbing it with the rub. If not, it won’t stick to the turkey. You don’t need to get it on the bottom of the turkey. Just rub the paste all over the top and sides and you’re good to go.
The turkey then gets cooked on low for 6 hours. Every turkey varies in weight, shape, and size so make sure the internal temperature is at least 165 when you remove it. You also don’t want to go much over that temperature or you risk drying out the turkey. I recommend you start checking the time around 5 hours and go from there. Below is how the turkey will look once it’s finished cooking. You can see all the wonderful drippings underneath!! You can use those to make this EASY TURKEY GRAVY!
Now, you can technically serve the turkey just like this but I like to crisp up the skin making it even tastier and prettier! All you need to do is remove the turkey breast from the crockpot and place it on a baking sheet. Broil it in the oven for just about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
After broiling, let the turkey rest for about 15 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
Juicy Crock Pot Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker
- 1 (4-6 pound) bone-in, skin-on turkey breast
- 2 onions (yellow or white is fine)
- 8 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Cut each onion Into 4 large chunks and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (besides the turkey) to a bowl and mix together to form a paste.
- Place the turkey in the slow cooker and pat dry with paper towels.
- Take the butter mixture and rub it all over the turkey.
- Cover the crock pot and set it on low for 6 hours. After the 6 hours, check the internal temperature. If It's at least 165°, the turkey is done.
- To crisp the skin, place the turkey breast on a baking sheet and broil in the oven for about 5 minutes. Let rest for 15 minutes then carve.