This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is easy to make, and the slow cooker does the work for you!
If you’re not familiar with white chicken chili, it’s kind of like a hearty stew or soup but filled with beans and Southwest flavors that make it so satisfying!
I set out to make one that was not only easy but also had all the right flavors and that my kids would love too. And I love slow cooker stews/chili like this because all of the flavors simmer away during the day and it just does something magical!
So here’ it is…it’s all it’s glory! Let me know what you think!
White Chicken Chili
- 1.5 - 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 4 ounce can of diced green chilis (I use mild)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cans of great northern beans (divided)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 cups Chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Take one of the cans of beans, drain, rinse and mash them. I use a small food processor but you can mash them with a fork or push them down on a plate with a meat mallet. (This thickens the chili just a little bit)
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cream to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- After the cooking time, shred the chicken breasts and add the meat back to the slow cooker.
- Add in the cream and stir. Cook for 1 additional hour then serve.
- Topping ideas: Tortilla strips, lime wedges, Monterey jack cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocados