These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are the only way I’ll ever make fajitas from now on! The chicken is incredibly moist and the veggies are tender and flavorful. The whole pan takes only 30 minutes and you can even double it for left-overs!
The great thing about these chicken fajitas is that you can use this for so many different meals. You can use it for tacos, meal prepping, or chop it up smaller for nachos and quesadillas or even just alone with a salad on the side! This really is such a great recipe to have on hand.
Ingredients for sheet pan chicken fajitas:
(See below in the recipe card for exact amounts)
- Chicken (of course)
- olive oil
- lemon or lime juice
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- bell peppers
- cilantro is optional
This recipe has two main parts, the chicken and the veggies. I like to season the chicken first so it can have a few minutes to marinade and soak in all those yummy seasonings while I get the veggies ready!
Set the seasoned chicken aside and then you can slice your onion and bell peppers. I used red, yellow, and orange peppers because it’s what I happened to have in the fridge and I like the pretty colors. You can use any combination of bell pepper that you like best. You just need 2 small ones. I place the peppers and onions in a bag with salt and olive oil and shake it to coat them.
After coating the vegetables, you can add them to a sheet pan sprayed with non-stick spray. I like to cook these for 10 minutes before adding the chicken. This keeps the chicken from drying out while giving the vegetables time to soften. After the 10 minutes, you can pull the pan out and add the chicken and cook for 20 minutes.
Other recipes you might like:
- Cajun Chicken Thighs
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Steak Tacos from What’s Gaby Cooking
- Slow Cooker Cuban Pork
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Non-stick spray
- sheet pan
Chicken and seasoning
- 2 pounds chicken breast (cut Into thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 bell peppers (any color and cut into slices)
- 1 large yellow or red onion (cut into slices)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cilantro for garnish and a pop of flavor (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425° and spray a pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the sliced chicken and all of the seasoning ingredients to a zip-top bag or a bowl and toss to coat set aside to marinade while you prep and cook the vegetables.
- In a separate bowl or bag, add the sliced peppers, onions, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a zip-top bag or a bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread the veggies (not the chicken yet) evenly on the sheet pan and cook in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- After the veggies have cooked for 10 minutes, carefully remove the pan from the oven and add the seasoned chicken. Use tongs to toss with the veggies and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes or until the chicken Is cooked throughout.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving options: corn tortillas, flour tortillas, cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocado...basically anything you love on your fajitas or tacos!