It always makes me so happy when I discover a recipe that not only tastes AMAZING, but is also so easy to pull together. This cheesy ham hash brown casserole is one of those dishes! The hash browns are smothered in a creamy sauce with cheese and the flavor from the marinated Castle Wood Reserve® ham and the onions make this dish a huge hit!
All of the ingredients get tossed together at once and then it gets baked in a casserole dish topped with more cheese! It’s perfect for feeding a crowd and it will definitely be on my Easter lunch table!
A couple more reasons why this recipe is great are that it uses sliced ham and I ALWAYS have left-over lunch meat ham that I’m trying to use up and I also discovered Castle Wood Reserve® ham! It’s deli style sliced ham but it’s better! And this ham definitely goes #BeyondTheSandwich! It’s uncured, marinated, and a lot less expensive than buying from behind the deli counter. I also found it at Walmart so I know you’ll be able to find it too! It’s next to the deli department (not by the packaged ham) if you’re on the search.
Cheesy Ham Hash Brown Casserole
- 30 ounce bag of frozen hash browns
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 16 ounces sliced deli-style ham (I use Castle Wood Reserve® lunch meat)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (divided)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice your onion and chop the ham into small pieces. (I use Castle Wood Reserve®)
- Mix together the cheddar cheese and the parmesan cheese and then save 1 cup of that mixture for topping the casserole.
- Get out your largest bowl and add in all of the ingredients (except for 1 cup of the cheese mixture) and mix together. It will seem dry but it's just because the frozen hashbrowns make the sauce thicken up.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish and add the hashbrown mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.