This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeyondTheSandwich #CollectiveBias
It always makes me so happy when I discover a recipe that not only tastes AMAZING, but is also so easy to pull together. This cheesy ham (I use Castle Wood Reserve® ham) hash brown casserole is one of those dishes! The hash browns are smothered in a creamy sauce with cheese and the flavor from the marinated Castle Wood Reserve® ham and the onions make this dish a huge hit!
All of the ingredients get tossed together at once and then it gets baked in a casserole dish topped with more cheese! It’s perfect for feeding a crowd and it will definitely be on my Easter lunch table!
A couple more reasons why this recipe is great are that it uses sliced ham and I ALWAYS have left-over lunch meat ham that I’m trying to use up and I also discovered Castle Wood Reserve® ham! It’s deli style sliced ham but it’s better! And this ham definitely goes #BeyondTheSandwich! It’s uncured, marinated, and a lot less expensive than buying from behind the deli counter. I also found it at Walmart so I know you’ll be able to find it too! It’s next to the deli department (not by the packaged ham) if you’re on the search.
Cheesy Ham Hash Brown Casserole
- 30 ounce bag of frozen hash browns
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 16 ounces sliced deli-style ham (I use Castle Wood Reserve® lunch meat)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (divided)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice your onion and chop the ham into small pieces. (I use Castle Wood Reserve®)
- Mix together the cheddar cheese and the parmesan cheese and then save 1 cup of that mixture for topping the casserole.
- Get out your largest bowl and add in all of the ingredients (except for 1 cup of the cheese mixture) and mix together. It will seem dry but it's just because the frozen hashbrowns make the sauce thicken up.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish and add the hashbrown mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.