This post has been compensated by Goya Foods, Inc. and its advertisers.
So I don’t know when it happened but I have become obsessed with Tex-Mex type foods! These Cheesy Chicken and Bean Taquitos are my latest obsession! They have a crispy outer shell and are filled with chicken and melty cheese and a few other goodies that make them taste like they came from your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant…only better! They’re fresh, have lots of veggie goodness inside (don’t worry, the kids won’t notice!).
I partnered with Goya foods to bring you this recipe and I’m so excited to share some of their new “Better for You” products with you! If you have browsed around my site, you know I love to create recipes that feature foods from my Hispanic heritage. Goya products show up in almost all of those recipes so I’m super excited about these new products! And thankfully Goya’s products are so easy to find in stores these days!
This recipe starts with a black bean salsa (it’s optional but definitely recommended) that’s so simple to make and really brings out the freshness in the taquitos! These Goya ingredients are light and lower in sodium so they really add so much flavor without all the unnecessary stuff!
Now for the taquitos!! They start with Goya’s flour tortillas and Goya (reduced sodium) refried black beans. Guys, I had no clue that there was such a thing as refried BLACK beans. I may never go back to regular refried beans! Just spread some of the refried beans on the tortilla to act as the “glue” before adding the filling.
Cheesy Chicken and Bean Taquitos (with black bean salsa)
- 10-12 GOYA® flour tortillas
- 1 can GOYA® reduced sodium refried black beans
- 2.5 cups rotisserie chicken meat (shredded)
- 1/2 cup GOYA® low sodium black beans (Drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese - mexican blend
- 1/2 tsp GOYA® ground cumin
- 1 tsp GOYA® dried oregano
- 1 tsp GOYA® minced garlic
- 2 tsp GOYA® lemon juice
- 16 ounces oil for frying (You can also bake these!)
For the Salsa
- Combine all of the ingredients together and set aside while you make the taquitos.
For the Taquitos
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the tortillas and the refried beans and mix together.
- Assemble the taquitos by taking one tortilla at a time and spreading about 2 tablespoons of the refried black beans inside and then adding about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Roll up the taquito as tightly as you can without breaking the tortilla.
- FRYING: Heat your oil in a pot over medium heat. Once your oil is hot, add in your taquitos one at a time. I like to place them in the oil with tongs so they don't unroll.
- BAKING: Heat oven to 425 and bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to brown.