These Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches are such a fun a decadent treat! They are so moist and the cream cheese icing is rich and creamy! These cookies have the same warm familiar flavors of a carrot cake with that coveted cream cheese icing. They are just a lot easier to make and share!
The cookies are filled with all the traditional carrot cake goodies like raisins, nuts, and of course, carrots! I shred my carrots very finely so they are nice and soft in the cookies. Combined with the chewy raisins and the crunchy pecans, these carrot cake cookie sandwiches are heavenly! I use pecans in these because they are my favorite but you can sub in walnuts or whatever else sounds good to you!
Now you don’t have to, but using a cookie scoop for these will make your life SO much easier! This cookie dough is very sticky (thus the super moist cookies) but it makes it hard to scoop out with your hands. I use THIS ONE but if you don’t have one, you can use 2 spoons, scoop the dough with one and then push it onto the pan with the other spoon. Either way, they will still taste amazing!
Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces butter (1.5 sticks)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oats.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl of wet ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Add in the carrots, pecans, and the raisins and stir to combine. This dough will be sticky.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop cookies on the sheet 2" apart. I use a golf-ball sized cookie scoop so they are all the same size. Since this is a sticky moist dough, I wouldn't recommend using your fingers to scoop the dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until you see tiny bubbles start forming on the tops of the cookies and the edges start to darken slightly. Let the cookies cool completely before icing.
- Add the softened butter, softened cream cheese, and vanilla to a bowl and beat with a mixer until combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix with a spatula. The icing will seem thick at first but mix until it's smooth. You don't want it to be runny or it wont sit up in between the cookies.
- Take one cookie (Careful! They are very moist and soft!) and scoop a tablespoon of icing in the center. Take the second cookie and press it gently onto the icing until you can see it coming towards the edges.
- Eat right away or store in the fridge and let come to room temperature before enjoying. Do not stack them. They will stick together. (I know, I know...they're stacked in my photos. That's how I know this! lol)