These peanut butter bars came about with one person in mind…my husband. If a
dessert has peanut butter in it, he’s all in! If you have a peanut butter love in your
life, they will definitely go crazy for these. They’re moist and chewy and have just
the right amount of chocolate in them! Bob’s Red Mill sponsored this post, and I
knew the peanut butter bars were the perfect treat to showcase their top quality
Some of you might know that my husband is also a deputy so I wanted to bring by a
little pick-me-up for him and his squad. Plus, my kids love to go see daddy at work
so the bars were a just a bonus! (He’s the one holding the treat box!)
Since these peanut butter bars are made with Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose flour you
know they are going to come out perfectly every time. Even though your friends and
family might not know what you made then with, they will be able to tell that you
used good quality ingredients and that makes a huge difference! Thanks to Bob’s
Red Mill, these peanut butter bars were devoured in seconds!
This time of year, it’s important that people feel loved and bringing them baked
treats is a great way to show a little extra love to those who need it. It’s a small act of
kindness that goes a long way. Did you know that cooking for someone actually
helps you feel better?! I have always loved bringing treats to friends and family but I
never knew that there’s actual science behind it. CLICK HERE to read how cooking
for others can bring you some added benefits as well!
There’s something about recipes like this that I just love. It’s nothing fancy or
complicated, just great ingredients and pantry staples. It’s one that I think you’ll
be coming back to over and over.
Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 and 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 and 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9"x13" pan.
- Add your peanut butter, softened butter, and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer just until combined. (If your butter is cold, you can just microwave the stick for 15 seconds.)
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla to the same bowl and beat again for a few seconds to combine.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda, and salt on top of the peanut butter mixture and mix together with a spatula. (The dough will be thick.)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking dish. (I like to sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The edges should be slightly browned.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.