These parmesan ranch chicken burgers were introduced to my husband and I by our good friends Jeremy and Sarah. We had them over one weekend a while back and they offered to make these for dinner. I have to be honest, I had never had a chicken burger in my life so I was a little bit skeptical. Well since that night, I think my husband and I have probably made these at least a couple times a month! They are SO GOOD! The are a great alternative to a greasy beef burger and they have so much flavor from the ranch and the parmesan cheese. They are quick and easy to pull together and they are definitely a crowd pleaser. We serve them with whole wheat buns and either slather on some extra ranch flavor with my easy greek yogurt ranch dip, or you can serve them with cheese or any other yummy burger toppings!
In a large bowl, you’re going to mix all of the ingredients together. That includes your ranch powder, breadcrumbs, ground chicken, and parmesan cheese. You can start mixing this with a spatula, however it really helps to just get in there with your hands and mix it all together. It’s going to seem a little dry but that’s ok. You don’t want it to be a sticky mixture or your burgers will be a mess. If you feel like it’s too sticky, just add a little bit more breadcrumbs.
Now you can either make 4 large patties or 6 smaller ones. I prefer to make ones that are a little bit smaller so they cook quicker but you really can make these whatever size you’d like!
I usually saute these in a little bit of olive oil but you can also cook them on the grill. (see my notes below)
If you’re cooking them on the stove top like I did, heat your oil over medium-high heat and it takes about 4 minutes per side. Just make sure the chicken is cooked through completely.
And that’s it! I can’t wait for you to try these!
Parmesan Ranch Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 packet of ranch dressing powder mix (1 ounce packet)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, ranch powder, parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix by hand until everything has come together and you can form patties. (If the mixture seems too sticky, add more breadcrumbs)
- Form either 4 large patties or 6 small ones.
- Heat your oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add your burgers and cook for about 4 minutes per side. (Make sure that your chicken has cooked completely through before serving)