This honey lime shrimp and broccoli dish is one of my favorite dinners!! I’ve actually made it twice just this week! One reason being that it tastes amazing and the other being that it is so quick and easy. It has a touch of sweetness from the honey and a little tang from the lime which tastes amazing with that savory soy sauce. I also used a Publix “steam in bag” veggie pack which made it even that much easier!
It starts with a simple marinade/sauce. You’re going to add in your honey, soy, garlic, and lime juice and whisk that together. Here’s a little tip for you…when you’re going to measure your honey, spray the measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray and the honey will slide right out instead of sticking!
While the shrimp are marinading you can get your rice ready (if you’re having rice). I use a rice cooker so I don’t have to really think about it. Here’s a link to the one that I have. This is also when I steam my broccoli. I just use these steam in bags from Publix but you can use a steamer or prepare it however you’d like. Just leave it a tiny bit under cooked.
When you’re ready to cook your shrimp, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, melt the butter and then add in the shrimp (discard the marinade) and cook for about 1 minute per side.
After cooking the shrimp, you can add in the steamed broccoli and the remaining sauce that you had set aside and cook for 2 more minutes. You’re not really “cooking” the broccoli any further. You just want to incorporate it into the sauce.
After cooking for the 2 minutes, you’re all done!!
Honey Lime Shrimp and Broccoli
- 1.5 pounds medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp butter (you could also use olive oil)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli (I use Publix "steam in bag")
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup of the sauce and set it aside to use later.
- Add your shrimp to the bowl with the remaining marinade and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- While your shrimp is marinading you can steam your veggies. I use Publix "steam in bag" veggies so I pop it in the microwave and just let it hang out until I need it. If you are making this with rice, you can also start that while the shrimp is marinading. (This is the rice cooker that I use. You can actually steam veggies in there too!)
- When you're ready to cook the shrimp, add your butter to a skillet on medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, take a slotted spoon and add in just the shrimp. You can discard the marinade.
- Cook the shrimp for about 1 minute per side.
- Add the steamed broccoli and 1/3 cup of reserved sauce to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes.
- I serve mine over white rice and a little extra squeeze of lime juice on top. 🙂