This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Alexia
These greek marinated chicken thighs are a great weeknight meal! The chicken comes out so juicy and full of greek-inspired flavor. It’s baked in the oven so you don’t need to stand over the stove and it goes perfectly with Alexia’s new premium complete sides!
You can easily prep the chicken the night before or in the morning and then just toss it in the oven when it’s dinner time. Everything gets placed in a baking dish and the chicken comes out perfectly every time. I like to broil the top to get the skin nice and crispy!
The great thing about the Alexia sides is that you can make them quickly while the chicken is resting out of the oven. I made the mashed cauliflower, and the riced vegetable pilaf. Both were amazing! I didn’t need to add anything extra to the sides which made dinner SO much easier!
My kids, Coco and Ash, happened to be with their grandparents when I made this so my husband and I got to enjoy a nice healthy meal together. I’m sure you know by now that I post a lot of decadent meals and treats but that’s the reason that we often try to enjoy healthy meals like this and avoid extra starches. It’s all about balance right?! These Alexia sides are “starch alternatives” so they still have that flavor and texture that you’re craving but without the guilt!
Both of the Alexia sides we tried were great! They were so satisfying and tasted amazing! They’re gluten-free, non-gmo, and made with organic ingredients. It’s so nice to eat something healthy that doesn’t lack in flavor. Even my husband said that we should buy these more often! I’m totally going to buy more and serve them for my kids too next time! It’s a great way to pack in extra veggies and still have kid-friendly sides!
CLICK HERE to see more recipes inspired by Alexia!
Greek Marinated Chicken Thighs (With Alexia Sides)
- 5-6 Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken thighs
- 1 large red onion (sliced)
- 1 large lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package Alexia mashed cauliflower
- 1 package Alexia riced vegetable pilaf
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the chicken and the onion.
- Add the chicken and the sliced red onion to a large zip-top bag. Pour the marinade in and seal the bag. carefully shake the bag around until everything is coated in the marinade.
- Put the chicken in the fridge to marinate overnight or at least 2 hours. (I like to prep this in the morning and then have it ready for dinner!)
- Add the chicken and the onions to a 9x9 baking dish or oven safe pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- After the 40 minutes, turn your oven to broil and cook for 2-4 more minutes to brown the top. (Keep a very close eye on it!)
- Take your chicken out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. You can prepare the Alexia sides while the chicken is resting.