This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
This Easy Shrimp Pasta with Pink Sauce is a restaurant quality dish that takes very little effort and tastes like you slaved away in the kitchen! It’s creamy, hearty, and only takes 20 minutes to make!
The sauce is actually made with 2 jars of Bertolli® sauces: Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese. Now you might be thinking “it’s Valentine’s Day…I should be fancy and make my own sauce.” Don’t bother!! I was so surprised at how great these sauces tasted, especially mixed together making that restaurant-quality rosa sauce!
If you’re anything like my husband and I, Valentines Day dinner is usually a low-key night enjoyed at home. We just find it easier than getting a babysitter and going to a crowded restaurant. So we usually will have a nice dinner at home once the kids go to bed. And by that time, no one wants wait another hour for food to be ready! That’s why this shrimp pasta with pink sauce is so great; it only takes 20 minutes! The shrimp are quick-cooking and using the 2 Bertolli jarred sauces saves so much time.
So here’s how to make Easy Shrimp Pasta with Pink Sauce:
You’ll first start by setting a pot of water to boil and cooking your pasta according to the directions on the package. I use linguini but you could sub in your favorite pasta. If I make it for my kids, I use something easier to eat like penne or bowties.
As your pasta is cooking, you can make the rest of the dish. You’ll start by cooking the prosciutto and onion in the olive oil. If you can’t find prosciutto, you could always sub in some pancetta or bacon. Just know that those will have a stronger flavor. I like the prosciutto because it’s mild and doesn’t overpower the dish.
Once the prosciutto and onion are ready, you can add in the seasoned shrimp and garlic. Both cook fairly quickly so this should only take about 5 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the shrimp are pink on both sides.
Now for the best part. You’ll want to mix both jars of pasta sauce together. The marinara sauce cuts through some of the richness of the alfredo sauce making it lighter and the alfredo sauce adds a delicious creamy cheesy flavor to the whole dish. It’s truly a match made in heaven!
Once mixed, you can pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to coat everything in that beautiful rosa sauce! I like to serve the dish with some extra parmesan cheese shredded on top and a little sprinkle of fresh parsley.
And by the way, if I still haven’t convinced you to go ahead and use the jarred sauce, here’s another reason: Bertolli sauce’s are not your typical jar of sauce. They are made the Tuscan way with just a few simple ingredients and slow cooked just as you would make at home. They are the best sauces you’ll find on the shelf and you can truly taste the difference!
You can’t get any easier or any tastier than this! This meal is perfect for a Valentine’s Day date night!
Easy Shrimp Pasta with Pink Sauce
- 16 ounces linguini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 of a small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 large cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 pound large shrimp (deveined and peeled)
- 1 - 15 ounce jar of Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese
- 1 - 24 ounce jar of Bertolli® Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic
- Fresh parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the package. (I usually add 1 tablespoon of water to the pot)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil, prosciutto, and onions. Cook until the onions are softened and the prosciutto is starting to brown.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with a just pinch of salt and pepper. Use sparingly because the sauce and pasta are already seasoned.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and cook for about 5 more minutes or until the shrimp are pink on both sides.
- Mix both sauces together and add to the pan. Stir together to coat the shrimp.
- Drain your pasta and add it to the sauce and toss to coat all of the pasta.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and parmesan cheese if desireds.