If you’re looking for an alternative to cranberry sauce in a can, this Easy Cranberry Sauce with Orange Marmalade is the answer and it’s almost just as easy! It tastes about 100 times better than canned cranberry sauce but it’s simple, doesn’t take a lot of time, and you can make it ahead of time and freeze or refrigerate it until Thanksgiving Day. And if you’ve read my post about Turkey Gravy, you know I’m all about making things ahead and freeing up some time on Thanksgiving Day. This cranberry sauce is tart yet sweet and has an orange flavor that really makes it unique and so flavorful!
Here’s the entire recipe guys: (So easy!!)
Add everything to a pan, bring it to a boil for about 15 minutes (until the cranberries start to pop) and then reduce the heat to medium and reduce everything down for 15 minutes (uncovered). Let it cool completely. It will thicken as it cools.
Note: If you like your sauce smooth instead of chunky, just pop it in the blender or use an immersion blender to smooth it out.
Easy Cranberry Sauce with Orange Marmalade
- 2 12 ounce bags of fresh cranberries
- 1 18 ounce jar of orange marmalade (about 1.5 cups)
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and heat on high while stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- After the cranberries start to pop, reduce the heat to medium and reduce, uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool and either freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- (I serve mine at room temp)