There aren’t many flavors that can beat out chocolate and peppermint when it comes to Christmas in my mind! That’s why this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is a MUST-HAVE during our holidays!
So, what’s the easiest way to make fudge?
In the microwave! That’s one of the best parts of this recipe…it’s SO easy to make and takes hardly any effort to throw together. It’s always nice to have an easy holiday dessert that you can pull together in a pinch!
Here’s what you need to make the dark chocolate peppermint fudge:
- 1 – 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup each of dark and white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 7 candy canes
You start by microwaving the 2 separate chocolates and the condensed milk then adding in the extract and the crushed candy canes. That’s pretty much all there is to it!
Line a pan with foil and then spray the heck out of the pan with cooking spray. You want to be able to pop the fudge right out so you can slice and serve it after it sets. I’m clearly not good at making aluminum foil look pretty!
The dark chocolate mixture goes in first. I use dark chocolate chips. I honestly have a hard time eating a lot of white chocolate. It’s just SOOO sweet. So the dark chocolate is the perfect balance for the white chocolate! The peppermint extract also gives it a little brightness and it all comes together just perfectly.
Next you’ll heat the white chocolate and mix it with the crushed candy canes and more peppermint extract. Measure the extract carefully. You don’t want your fudge to taste like toothpaste! A little goes a long way with peppermint.
The white chocolate mixture gets poured over the dark chocolate and then topped with more crushed candy canes!
Pop your dark chocolate peppermint fudge in the fridge for 2 hours then you can slice it up and serve! I like to cut mine into little 1 inch squares.
This fudge makes such a fun Christmas treat to hand out to guests or bring into work. You will definitely get asked for the recipe!
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk (divided in half)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (divided)
- 7 candy canes (crushed and divided)
- Prepare an 8x8 pan. Line it with aluminum foil and then liberally spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Divide the condensed milk into 2 separate microwavable bowls. (It should be 1/2 cup of the condensed milk in each bowl.
- Add 1 cup of dark chocolate chips to one of the bowls, and 1 cup of white chocolate chips to the other bowl.
- Microwave the bowl with the dark chocolate/condensed milk mixture first. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then 30 seconds again. Add in 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Stir and then spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Add your candy canes to a zip-top bag, seal the bag, then crush them. I just bang the bag on the counter but you could use a rolling pin or a meat mallet too. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the crushed candy for the topping.
- Microwave the other bowl of condensed milk and white chocolate chips. Again, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then 30 seconds again.
- Add in 1/4 teaspoon of the peppermint extract and the crushed peppermints. Stir to combine.
- Pour the white chocolate mixture over the dark chocolate and spread evenly. Immediately top with the reserved crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours then you can lift the foil out and discard. Slice the fudge into bite size piece and enjoy!