This creamy chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy weeknight meals that tastes amazing yet doesn’t take a ton of time to pull together. It’s made with a store-bought pesto, cream, and parmesan cheese which makes it so quick and flavorful! I’m such a sucker for creamy pasta dishes so this chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy recipes that I make all the time!
I actually didn’t think my kids would eat this because the pesto adds some “green stuff” but my daughter ate a whole bowl and asked for seconds! That’s what I call a WIN in my book! The jury’s still out on my son liking this but he’s two so we’ll give him a pass. 🙂
Creamy Chicken and Pesto Pasta
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3-4 large chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 tsp each (salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pesto (I use Classico brand)
- 1 and 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of water to boil and boil your pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While your pasta is boiling, cut your chicken into bite sized pieces and season with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add the butter and olive oil.
- Add your chicken to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked throughout. (I just cut open my biggest piece of chicken and make sure it's not pink inside). This should take around 5-7 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, reduce the heat to medium/low and add in the pesto, cream, and parmesan cheese.
- Add the pasta to the skillet with the chicken and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with a little more salt and pepper.