If you have been searching for the perfect banana bread recipe, look no further! I went to visit my aunt one night and her house smelled so good I wanted to lick the air. You know when you smell something so amazing that you HAVE to eat whatever you’re smelling?! Turns out, it was this cinnamon crunch banana bread recipe that she so graciously let me share with you all! This bread is so incredibly moist and has a cinnamon crunch topping that will easily make it your favorite banana bread recipe. So rest assured, your search for the perfect banana bread is over!
If you’d like to make this recipe into MUFFINS, follow the same recipe and bake for only 25 minutes. It makes 12 standard sized muffins. (See video at the bottom of this page)
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray or butter a 9×5 loaf pan.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine your dry ingredients which includes the: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and oats.
In a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients which include the: eggs, milk, oil, and bananas. I smash my bananas in this same bowl to save having to clean a third bowl. So using a pastry cutter or a fork, smash your bananas and combine.
Go ahead and dump the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. I feel like I should be telling you to do this gradually but I’m impatient and always dump mine in and it’s never been a problem 🙂 Just mix by hand until combined and that’s it…don’t over mix! Note: If you’re adding walnuts (which I did not) you can fold them in here.
Now you can go ahead and make your topping mixture. Combine all of the ingredients and with your pastry cutter or fork, break up the butter into the sugar/flour mixture until it looks like wet sand.
Pour only HALF of your banana bread batter into your prepared pan. (That’s in caps because almost every time I make this, I pour the whole thing in then have to dump it out, wash my pan, and start over). So once HALF of your batter is in, sprinkle it with half of your cinnamon topping, then pour the other half of the batter in and sprinkle the top with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
Pop it in the oven for 50-60 minutes (until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean). Wait and enjoy as your house fills with the smell of delicious banana cinnamon goodness!
By the way, if you love this recipe, SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL list by clicking here and never miss a recipe!
Cinnamon Crunch Banana Bread
For the banana bread:
- 1 cup and 1/2 all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cook oats
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan with either non-stick spray or butter
- In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, oats, sugar, salt)
- In a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil, and mashed bananas)
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix by hand just until combined.
- Make your topping mixture in a separate bowl by combining the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter and using a fork, incorporate the butter until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Pour half of your banana bread batter into your prepared dish then top with half of the cinnamon mixture
- Pour remaining half of banana bread mixture into the pan and top with the remaining half of the cinnamon mixture
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick or cake-tester comes out clean
If you’d like to make this recipe into muffins, follow the same recipe and bake for only 25 minutes. It makes 12 standard sized muffins.