Creamy Broccoli Salad
This crunchy, creamy broccoli salad with bacon and cranberries has the most delicious sweet and tangy dressing.
Servings 4 servings
- 3 oz bacon 3-4 strips, chopped (or 1/2 cup store bought bacon bits)
- 5 cups fresh broccoli cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 2-3 large heads)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 radish thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan shaved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut the tough stems off the broccoli and chop the heads into small florets.
Place the chopped bacon in a cold frying pan and place over medium heat. Cook until the bacon is brown and crispy, about 5 minutes, and remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, bacon, red onion, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries.
In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and toss with the salad.
Sprinkle salad with shaved Parmesan and thinly sliced radish.