Meals don’t get much easier than this! This slow cooker bbq chicken is so easy, it’s only 5 ingredients, and it’s one of those staples that I use for so many other dishes. I use it for sandwiches, bbq pizza, bbq chicken nachos…the possibilities are endless! I just throw it in the slow cooker in the morning and it’s ready by lunch time!
I actually had it in the slow cooker today while I went grocery shopping with the kids and when we came home, it was done and ready for lunch! Nobody likes waiting to eat lunch after you’ve been grocery shopping! I’m also always starving when we come home from church on Sundays and this so happens to be the perfect amount of cooking time to be done when we get back home…win win!
I can’t wait for you guys to try this one and see how easy and seriously delicious it is!!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1/3 cup grated onion (you could also chop it but I like them to melt away)
- 2 tsp liquid smoke (found near the marinades)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Add chicken to the slow cooker, then top with the onion, liquid smoke, bbq sauce, and brown sugar.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks then cook another 30 minutes.