Have you been looking for that Parmesan Roasted Carrot recipe from tiktok? Look no further because you’ve found my delicious version and you’ll definitely see why these carrots went viral! The sweet carrots with the crispy garlic parmesan crust are a match made in heaven! This side dish recipe only takes a few minutes to throw together and once you try it, you’ll be making these crispy parmesan carrots over and over!
As an amazon associate, I may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com. This comes at no cost to you.
How to make parmesan roasted carrots:
The first step in making this recipe is to prep the carrots. You’ll want to start with whole large carrots. I like to cut them either in half or thirds then cut each of those pieces down the middle so each carrot stick has a flat side.
Next, you’ll make the olive oil mixture. This not only adds flavor, but also helps the cheese stick to the carrots. The mixture is just olive oil, seasonings, garlic, and parmesan cheese. You’ll see in the photo that I used shredded parmesan in the oil mixture this time but honestly, grated works better for this part of the recipe. But if shredded is all you have, go for it!
Once you’ve made your oil/seasoning concoction, you can add in the carrots and toss it together to get the carrots coated. You’ll already start to smell that delicious garlic here! Also, I’m not usually against saving time with jarred minced garlic, but this parmesan roasted carrot recipe really is much better with fresh!
Once you have the carrots coated, you’ll add the remaining parmesan cheese to a plate or flat surface. Now this part works best with shredded. But again, if all you have is grated…use whatcha got!
Lay each coated carrot stick on a non-stick baking sheet. If you don’t have a non-stick baking sheet, you can either use a silicon baking mat, parchment paper, or non-stick foil.
If you have any left over oil/seasoning mixture, you’ll definitely want to add it on top of the carrots! We wouldn’t want to waste any flavor!
How long do you roast carrots in the oven?
These carrots get roasted in the oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. I usually take mine out at 30 minutes because I like them crispy on the bottom but I would definitely start checking them at 25 minutes just to be safe.
Just look at that crispy cheese! And not only that but the garlic gets roasted in the oil as well giving these sooooo much flavor!! Your house will smell amazing!! I made these this afternoon and my kids came home from school and immediately asked what I was cooking because it smelled so good in the house!
You’ll want to serve these immediately while they’re warm and crispy!
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Parmesan Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- Orange Roasted Carrots
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Pan Gravy
- Carrabba’s Spicy Sicilian Chicken Soup (Mama Mandola’s Chicken Soup)
Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- non-stick baking sheet
- 1 pound whole carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 and ¼ cups fresh parmesan cheese (freshly grated or shredded)
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel your carrots and cut them into either halves or thirds depending on how long your carrots are. Then cut each piece down the middle so you have a flat side on each piece (see photos above)
- In a medium bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, minced garlic, and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese. (grated cheese works best for this part of the recipe but if you only have shredded, thats ok too). Mix with a fork until everything is combined.
- Add the carrots to the bowl and toss to coat all of the carrots in the mixture.
- Add the remaining cup of parmesan cheese to a plate and press the flat side of each carrot in the cheese. The cheese should stick to the carrot coating the bottom.
- Add each coated carrot, cheese side down on a non-stick baking sheet. (You can also top the carrots with any remaining olive oil/seasoning mixture if you'd like)
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese on the bottom looks browned and crispy.