These Parmesan Ranch Roasted Potatoes are such an easy side dish recipe! They’re coated with ranch seasoning and parmesan cheese which makes them a hit with the whole family. And since these potatoes take only 5 minutes to prep and you can throw them in the oven while you make a main dish.
I am always struggling to come up with side dish ideas. I’ll be making dinner, come up with a great meat recipe and then totally forget I need a side dish. A side needs to be easy because after cooking a main course, no one wants to put much thought into the sides. That’s why these potatoes are so great. They are quick to prep and have very little clean-up if you use the zip-top bag and parchment paper.
You can also add different veggies in with the potatoes to change things up with this recipe! Carrots are great with the parmesan and ranch and so are sweet potatoes. Just make sure whatever you toss in takes about the same cooking time as the potatoes.
These parmesan ranch potatoes are definitely going into the meal rotation at our house and I hope they get added to yours too! Let me know what you think!
Parmesan Ranch Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated or finely shredded parmesan cheese (I save an extra tablespoon on the side to sprinkle at the end)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- While the oven is heating, cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Add the potatoes to a large zip-top bag and add in the olive oil. Seal the bag and toss to coat the potatoes in the oil.
- Add the ranch, parmesan cheese, and salt to the bag, seal again, and toss to coat the potatoes.
- Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (just makes for easy clean-up) and bake for 30-35 minutes or until you see the edges browning.
- Toss with the reserved parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. (I sprinkle a little extra salt at the end too but that's totally up to you!)