Thank you McCormick for sponsoring this post. Visit your local Wal-Mart to pick up McCormick Good Morning Breakfast for your family!
This overnight apple oatmeal with McCormick Good Morning Breakfast Seasonings is such a time saver in the mornings! With little ones still at home, anything that I can do to simplify my mornings and have a hearty breakfast on the table is a win!
This apple oatmeal is so easy to just toss together in the evening and let the slow cooker do all the work for you. There’s nothing better than waking up to the smell of a breakfast that’s already prepared and ready to enjoy! And wait until you smell these new McCormick Good Morning Breakfast Seasonings! I was actually only going to use one in this recipe but I opened them both up, smelled them, and decided to use both because they smelled so good!
The apple cinnamon seasoning smells like an apple pie baked in your oven all night long and the brown sugar vanilla smells like the best French toast you’ve ever had. I seriously want to put them on everything! They are not only great in this apple oatmeal, but they are delicious sprinkled on toast, or added to smoothies or any of your favorite breakfast treats. They give you a ton of flavor in no time at all!
Overnight Apple Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 granny smith apples (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp Apple Cinnamon seasoning from McCormick Good Mornings Seasoning
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar Vanilla seasoning from McCormick Good Mornings Seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups rolled or steel-cut oats
- Add the melted butter, diced apples, brown sugar, salt, and McCormick seasonings to the slow cooker and toss to coat the apples.
- Pour the water over the apples and then pour the oats on top.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook overnight or for 8-10 hours.
- In the morning, stir the oatmeal, and serve. You can top it with a sprinkle of McCormick Good Morning Seasoning, some extra brown sugar, walnuts, warm milk, or anything else you’d like!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.