This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToButterball #CollectiveBias
How is it already back-to-school time?! The time of year where every minute is precious and no one wants to waste time slaving in the kitchen but we still want to have healthy meals right?!
This one-pot turkey taco pasta is perfect for this time of year! It’s easy, quick, and healthy! It’s made with Butterball® Fresh Ground Turkey – a healthier alternative to ground beef and still tastes amazing!
It starts with Butterball® ground turkey which is all natural with no artificial ingredients. It’s also so versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes in substitution for ground beef. I found mine at Walmart and the price was great! But CLICK HERE for a $1.00 on any ONE (1) package of Butterball® Ground Turkey coupon that makes it even better! The coupon is good through 10/31 or while supplies last.
The best part of this recipe is not only that it tastes amazing but it has a ton of veggies that even my kids ate!! I have a 2 and a 4 year old so that’s a pretty big deal in my house!
I used lean turkey and mild taco seasoning so it had a perfect amount of flavor but it wasn’t spicy or overpowering for the little ones and it was still a meal that my husband and I loved!
I absolutely loved using Butterball and I felt great knowing that it was a healthier alternative! You can visit their site HERE for even more recipes!
One-Pot Turkey Taco Pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb butterball ground turkey (lean)
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about half a small onion)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (about half a small green pepper)
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 15.25 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned is fine)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (about 1 ounce)
- 2.5 cups water
- 8 ounces elbow pasta
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in your olive oil and the butterball ground turkey, salt, pepper, onion, and green peppers. and cook until the turkey is longer pink. (about 7-10 minutes)
- Once the turkey is cooked, add in the corn, black beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and water.
- Bring everything to a full boil and add in the pasta (note: 8 ounces is NOT the entire box...don't make my mistake and dump in the whole box) 🙂
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally to make sure the pasta isn't sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add in the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.