This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc.. All opinions are entirely my own.
Breakfast is one of the more important things we can do every day but this time of year can be so hectic! These Mini Egg Cups with Bacon, Cheddar, and Chives are here to help! They’re something that I love to make and keep in my fridge for busy mornings. They are a great protein packed breakfast and they are so quick and easy to just pop in the microwave and get your day started!
The Mini Egg Cups made with Wright® Brand Bacon which honestly…I can’t say enough good things about. This recipe only uses 6 slices but trust me, you’ll want to make the entire pack! It’s a thicker cut bacon so doesn’t crumble apart like paper. It has an amazing hickory flavor and such a rich bacon taste! You truly can tell the difference with Wright® Brand Bacon so head over to your nearest Publix and treat yourself. You’ll be happy you bought the GOOD bacon because Wright® Brand Bacon products are perfect for all cooking occasions and all holiday season long!
The egg cups also have lots of cheddar cheese because, we all know bacon and cheese are a marriage made in heaven. And about the chives: I happen to love chives but sometimes my kids act like anything green is poison…so the chives are optional (but highly recommended for grown-ups) 🙂
This time of year is so busy isn’t it?! With all the Christmas shopping and parties and visiting family. And for some reason…I feel like everyone I know has a birthday in the last 3 months of the year. So we are ALWAYS on the go! I also homeschool my daughter so needless to say, breakfast needs to be quick and something that we can grab and go.
Even with all the other yummy ingredients, the star of these egg cups is definitely the Wright® Brand Bacon. I wasn’t even sure the bacon would make it into the egg cups because we all kept eating it as soon as it came off the pan. Thankfully I always make extra and it adds the perfect amount of that salty rich bacon flavor that makes these little egg cups shine!
So this Holiday season, make sure you don’t skip your breakfast. Remember multiple meals, multiple times to bring joy! Make a batch of these one night and have an easy grab-and-go breakfast all week long!
Muffin Tin Eggs with Bacon, Cheddar, and Chives
- 6 slices Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 7 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12 cup standard muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Cook your bacon slices in a large skillet until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels when done.
- After letting the grease drain off the bacon, slice the bacon into 1/2 inch slices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your eggs, milk, salt, and pepper and whisk together until the eggs are completely broken up.
- Add 1/4 cup of egg mixture to each of the sprayed muffin cups.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cheese into each muffin cup.
- Add about a tablespoon of bacon to each muffin cup. It's a little hard to measure chunks of bacon like this so just add in each muffin cup until you have about the same amount in each. (You can never have too much!)
- Sprinkle each muffin cup with the chives and bake for 40 minutes or until the eggs are slightly browned and cooked through.
- You can eat these immediately or let them cool then place them in a zip-top bag for a breakfast on the go. Just microwave each for about 30 seconds and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.