If you’re looking for an appetizer that will make you the hero of the party…this jalapeno popper dip is it! I get more requests for this dip than any other appetizer and it’s with good reason! It’s creamy, has a little kick to it, and is seasoned to perfection!
A huge time saver in this recipe is using jarred and pre-diced peppers. If you like a spicer dip, you can definitely use fresh jalapeño peppers and dice them but I prefer the jarred peppers. It’s easier, and they are much milder when it comes to the spice level as well.
If you’re looking for another spicy, crowd pleasing appetizer, try this buffalo chicken dip!
This dip starts out just as any great dip does…with cream cheese! Everything gets added to one bowl and combined into a glorious, tasty, creamy dip.
Can you make jalapeño popper dip ahead of time?
Yes! If you’re going to make it ahead of time, leave off the cracker crumbs until you’re ready to bake and refrigerate the dip. When you’re ready to make the dip, set it out at room temperature for about an hour, top with the cracker crumbs, then bake as directed below.
I actually made this dip…yes THIS one in the photos for my son’s birthday party this past weekend ahead of time and it was a huge hit! I try to keep things very easy on party days since it’s so busy so I made this early in the morning and baked it right before the party.
Now here comes my favorite part…the buttery, salty ritz cracker topping that makes this dip so addicting! It’s the perfect topping for pretty much anything but is just perfection on top of this jalapeño popper dip!
The dip then goes in the oven and comes out bubbly hot with perfectly browned crackers on top! I’m telling you…it’s irresistible!! It’s creamy, cheesy, slightly spicy, and has a crunchy, buttery cracker topping. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce jar of diced jalapeños (drained)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sleeves of ritz crackers (crushed)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until combined. A hand mixer makes this much easier!
- Add the cheddar cheese, drained jalapeños, and seasonings and stir until everything is combined.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the baking dish.
- Add the Ritz crackers to a zip-top bag and crush until there are no more large pieces. Melt the butter and pour into the bag and shake to coat the cracker crumbs.
- Spread the cracker crumbs evenly over the dip in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is just starting to brown. Serve warm with extra ritz crackers, tortilla chips, or even celery.