This Hot Mexican Bean Dip (with cream cheese…oh yeah) is the perfect, crowd-pleasing appetizer in a pinch! It’s creamy, cheesy, and addicting! You can serve this hot dip this with tortilla chips or spread it in tacos or tostadas! It’s a great dip to have out as an appetizer for Taco Tuesday too!
This hot Mexican bean dip only takes about 5-10 minutes to prepare and it’s all of the steps are easy! You’ll add the cream cheese, sour cream, refried beans, and taco seasoning to a bowl and beat together to combine. I use a hand mixer for this and it just takes a few seconds. If you don’t have a hand mixer, you can use a wooden spoon or spatula.
After mixing the ingredients together, you’ll spread evenly it in a dish. I like to use a pie dish but you could also use a square pan. Make sure to spray your pan with non-stick spray for easy clean-up too! Shredded cheese then gets sprinkled over the top of the bean mixture and it’s ready to go in the oven. In this picture, I also sprinkled a little bit of extra chili powder on top but it’s not necessary…I just happened to have it out.
The dip then gets baked in the oven for just 15 minutes and it’s done! The result is a deliciously hot Mexican bean dip. Is there anything better than a dip with cream cheese…well, a dip with cream cheese and refried beans! This is one of our absolute favorites and we hope you love it too!
Hot Mexican Bean Dip (with cream cheese)
- Non-stick spray
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounce can of refried beans
- 1 ounce package of taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mexican blend or cheddar)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°.
- Add the cream cheese to a large bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- To the cream cheese, add the refried beans, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Blend with a hand mixer or spatula until completely combined.
- Spray a pie dish or a 8" square pan with non-stick spray and spread the bean mixture in the pan.
- Cover the with the shredded cheese and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or as a taco topping!