This Honey Garlic Chicken is a weeknight winner! It’s easy, fast, and tastes amazing. The garlic gives it a big punch of flavor while the lime juice cuts through the sweetness of the honey. It’s perfectly balanced and the whole family will love it!
I have been meaning to post this Honey Garlic Chicken for some time now! I can honestly tell you that I make this meal every…single…week!!
It’s my husband Matt’s favorite meal of all time and he requests it for his work lunches. So we make a big batch at the beginning of the week and pack his lunches. Easy peasy!
Here’s the best part about this honey garlic chicken…it only takes 15 minutes from start to finish! I’m very thankful that his favorite meal is an easy one.
Here’s what you need to make the Honey Garlic Chicken:
- 2 lbs of chicken breast cut into 1” cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 3 large garlic cloves
- Juice from 2 limes
You start by cutting and seasoning the chicken. This is usually the part that Matt helps me with since cutting chicken isn’t my favorite thing to do. I’ve yet to meet anyone who loves touching raw chicken though.
Then I prep everything else before I start cooking. Since this chicken is cooked on high heat and goes very quickly, I try to avoid scrambling while the chicken is on the stove. Prepping everything before the heat goes on helps to keep things a little less stressful!
Once you’ve prepped everything, you can heat your butter and olive oil and start cooking the chicken. You don’t want to cook the chicken all the way through at this point. It will keep cooking in the sauce so you don’t want it to dry out.
Once you’ve cooked the chicken on the outside, you can add in the sauce that you prepped. All you have to do is stir this around while it cooks and turns into a caramelized delicious sauce!
And yes, it does taste as good as it looks!! There is so much flavor in this honey garlic chicken! I think it’ll quickly become a favorite in your house too! 🙂
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided in half)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced)
- juice from 2 limes
- Cut your chicken into 1 inch cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small dish, mix together 2 tablespoons of butter, honey, minced garlic, and lime juice. Set this aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add in the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the chicken in as soon as the butter has melted.
- Saute´ the chicken just until it starts to brown on the outside. Since we're cooking with high heat, this will happen quickly! Don't worry about fully cooking the chicken at this point. (In fact, if you do, the chicken will be dry by the end)
- Once you've slightly browned the chicken, add in the remaining ingredients that you prepped. Cook everything until the sauce turns to a caramel color and the chicken is cooked throughout.
- I like to serve this over white rice!. Enjoy!