This grape salad is my new favorite appetizer or side dish! It’s creamy, sweet and topped with a brown sugar, pecan mixture that is the stuff dreams are made of! If you’ve ever been to Chicken Salad Chick and had their grape salad…you know what I’m talking about!
The first time I heard of grape salad was from my sister in law. It sounded amazing so we drove to the closest Chicken Salad Chick asap! I was mind blown! How can something so simple taste SO GOOD?! Once you try it, you’ll be amazed too!
Here’s what you need to make Grape Salad:
- seedless grapes (green, red, or a mixture is fine)
- cream cheese
- cool whip
- vanilla extract
- chopped pecans
- brown sugar
(See recipe card below for exact measurements)
The grapes get mixed with the creamy ingredients and then topped with the pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
I love that this dish involves ZERO cooking and takes less than 10 minutes to make. It’s a quick appetizer or side dish that’s easy to transport and always a hit! Whenever we have a get-together, I try to prep as much as I can ahead of time. That’s one of my favorite things about this grape salad. I can make early and toss it in the fridge!
- 4 lbs seedless grapes (green, red, or a mixture is fine)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cool whip, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat together with a hand mixer.
- Add the grapes to the mixture. (I like to cut my grapes in half, especially since I often have little kids eating this but you can leave them whole or cut them). Add the grape mixture to your serving dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of the grape mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.