This Easy Strawberry Cobbler is the perfect dessert for strawberry season! It’s made with fresh strawberries and goes perfectly with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream! The fruit can also be swapped out for any berries you prefer or a mix of them all!
If you have some berries that are a little too soft or old to serve fresh but are still edible, this cobbler is the perfect way to use up those old strawberries!
Can you use frozen strawberries in this cobbler?
You can, however just make sure to thaw them ahead of time over a colander to let any excess liquid drain off. Just know that the consistency may be slightly more runny than using fresh berries. I would also suggest using an extra teaspoon of cornstarch in the berry mixture.
Ingredients for strawberry cobbler:
- fresh strawberries
- lemon juice
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
How to make an easy strawberry cobbler:
You can’t make a strawberry cobbler without strawberries! The first step is to quarter your washed berries and add them to a bowl with the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. This process (called macerating) will bring out the juices of the berries making a delicious thick berry sauce for the cobbler.
How to make a cobbler thicker?
This is what the cornstarch in the berry mixture is for. The combination of the sugar and cornstarch makes a nice thick sauce for this cobbler. If you prefer a runnier/juicier cobbler, feel free to lessen or omit the cornstarch.
While your berries are doing there thing you can start on the cobbler batter. It’s so easy and simple. Just whisk together your dry ingredients in a large bowl then add in the milk, and melted butter and mix again.
After mixing in the milk and butter, you may notice that the butter has formed some small lumps from coming in contact with the cold milk. This is totally fine and you don’t need to worry about making it perfectly smooth.
After pouring the batter into the buttered pan, it’s time to add in those juicy berries! Just spoon them right over top and be sure to include all the juices.
Now it’s time to bake! This strawberry cobbler bakes for about 40-45 minutes depending on how brown you prefer the cobbler to be. I like mine a little crunchy on the sides so I bake mine for the full 45.
Once the cobbler has finished baking, allow it to cool for 10 minutes then serve warm. You can enjoy this as is or with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- Strawberry Streusel Bars
- Strawberry Ice Cream in a Bag
- The ULTIMATE Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Easy Strawberry Cobbler
- 1 and ½ pounds fresh strawberries (sliced or quartered)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole or 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 375° and butter a 8x11" baking dish.
- Add your sliced strawberries to a bowl and toss together with the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Set this aside while you make the cobbler batter.1 and ½ pounds fresh strawberries, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.1 cup all purpose flour, ½ cup sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt
- Whisk the milk, vanilla extract, and the melted butter into the dry ingredients.1 cup whole or 2% milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, ½ cup melted butter
- Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish.
- Spoon the berries and juices evenly over the batter in the dish.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then serve warm.