This recipe for easy bbq chicken pizza came about for 2 reasons. First, I LOVE bbq pizza. I will ALWAYS order a bbq pizza over a traditional pizza any day if I see it on the menu. And second, when I make my slow cooker bbq chicken, I always have left overs and this is my favorite way to use it up! I use a store-made pizza crust for this pizza so it’s incredibly quick and easy to throw together. And you can top it with anything you like!
After topping the crust with the olive oil and salt, I pre-baked it a little bit before adding the toppings to make sure that it was nice and crispy on the bottom. Nobody likes soggy pizza crust!
I like my onions sliced very thin so I used a mandolin slicer but you can cut them however you’d like.
After the pizza crust is pre-baked you can go ahead and top it with all the toppings! I went in this order, sauce, bbq chicken, onions, corn, cheese, more sauce.
After topping, it gets baked again for 20-25 minutes until it’s perfectly melty and the crust is crispy and your house smells amazing! This Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza is one of our favorite easy family dinners! The kids love that they can help put it together too!
Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 store-bought pizza crust
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1.5 cups pre-cooked bbq chicken
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup corn (frozen is fine)
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (or more!)
- fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425.
- Take your pre-made pizza dough and spread it out over your pizza pan. I use this OXO one and it's amazing. Literally nothing sticks to it! I just use my hands and spread it out as close to the edges as I can. It doesn't need to be perfect.
- Brush the crust with the olive oil and then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt and bake the crust for 6-8 minutes. (Just until it starts to rise and puff up)
- Once your crust os out of the oven, add your BBQ sauce and spread it evenly all around. (I leave about an inch around the outside for a crispy crust)
- Top with your BBQ Chicken. HERE IS THE LINK for my super easy BBQ chicken recipe!
- Then top with the corn and the onions and lastly the cheese. I like to drizzle a little extra BBQ sauce on top before baking too. You can top it however you like!
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the crust is crispy. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before eating and ENJOY!!