So this recipe for bbq chicken pizza came about for 2 reasons. First, I LOVE bbq pizza. I will ALWAYS order a bbq pizza over a traditional pizza any day if I see it on the menu. And second, when I make my slow cooker bbq chicken, I always have left overs and this is my favorite way to use it up! I use a store-made pizza crust for this pizza so it’s incredibly quick and easy to throw together. And you can top it with anything you like!
Recently OXO sent me a few goodies and I used them to make this recipe and OH MY did it make things easier!!
OXO also sent me this amazing grate and slice set and I’m in love! I used it to slice my onions crazy thin and to also grate the cheese.
After topping, it gets baked again for 20-25 minutes until it’s perfectly melty and the crust is crispy and your house smells amazing!
Easy BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 store-bought pizza crust
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1.5 cups pre-cooked bbq chicken
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup corn (frozen is fine)
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (or more!)
- fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425.
- Take your pre-made pizza dough and spread it out over your pizza pan. I use this OXO one and it's amazing. Literally nothing sticks to it! I just use my hands and spread it out as close to the edges as I can. It doesn't need to be perfect.
- Brush the crust with the olive oil and then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt and bake the crust for 6-8 minutes. (Just until it starts to rise and puff up)
- Once your crust os out of the oven, add your BBQ sauce and spread it evenly all around. (I leave about an inch around the outside for a crispy crust)
- Top with your BBQ Chicken. HERE IS THE LINK for my super easy BBQ chicken recipe!
- Then top with the corn and the onions and lastly the cheese. I like to drizzle a little extra BBQ sauce on top before baking too. You can top it however you like!
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melty and the crust is crispy. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before eating and ENJOY!!