This post has been sponsored by Mars Wrigley Confectionery. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s finally Spring and that means Easter is right around the corner! This Easter Sugar Cookie Pizza is such a fun way to celebrate and enjoy the STARBURST® Original Jellybeans and STARBURST® FaveREDs Jellybeans that we all look forward to this time of year!
It seems the Easter festivities are never ending so I buy my STARBURST® Original Jellybeans and STARBURST® FaveREDs Jellybeans at Sam’s Club. The bags are large, and a great value so I use them in so many ways!
How to use STARBURST® Original Jellybeans and STARBURST® FaveREDs Jellybeans from Sam’s Club:
- Easter egg hunts
- Filling baskets
- School treat bags/eggs
With members-only prices, Sam’s Club is a great place to buy these in bulk for all the Easter fun!
One of our favorite treats to make for the season is this Easter Sugar Cookie Pizza. It’s so easy and it’s a great recipe to get the kids involved with! They love to help make the flowers (and eat the icing). If you’re short on time, you can also use a pre-made sugar cookie dough but this one is very easy to make as well.
How to make Easter Sugar Cookie Pizza:
The first step in making the sugar cookie pizza is…you guessed it: the pizza “crust”!
It starts with a simple sugar cookie dough. It just takes a few minutes to pull together and it should give you a 9” crust when unbaked.
Tips for making a sugar cookie crust:
- Refrigerate the dough so it’s easier to work with
- Do not spread the dough all the way to the edges…it will spread in the oven
- Keep the dough about ¼ inch thick all the way around
- Using your hands is easier than a rolling pin…just take your time
- Start with your dough in the center of the pan and just press your way out
After you’ve prepared your dough, you can prepare the icing and the green “grass” while it’s baking. The icing is simple. It’s just cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and some lemon juice. If you don’t have lemon juice, you don’t need to go buy it just for the one little teaspoon. It’ll be fine without it. It just adds a little brightness.
The green “grass” is just some shredded sweet coconut with a couple of drops of food coloring added. I put the coconut and the dye in a zip-top bag and then just squish it around until the color is evenly distributed.
Once you’ve made all of your components and the cookie crust is baked and fully cooled, you can start assembly. This is the fun part!
Spread the icing evenly over the pizza crust. Then, the STARBURST® Original Jellybeans and STARBURST® FaveREDs Jellybeans go on first. If you add the coconut first, the jellybeans won’t stick. This is such a fun activity for the kids. They can decorate a little and have a special treat!
After you’ve added your jellybeans, you can add in the green coconut. I just sprinkle it around the flowers and let it hang out wherever it lands. The end result is a fun Spring-time Easter Sugar Cookie Pizza!
Easter Sugar Cookie Pizza
For the Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 stick softened butter (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons cream of tartar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
Making the Sugar Cookie Crust:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- n a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add in the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture, fold until completely incorporated, then add in the rest of the flour mixture and fold again until incorporated. (it will seem a little dry, but it will come together once you start pressing it with your hands)
- Press the dough into a round disc and refrigerate for 15 minutes. (I just leave it in the same bowl)
- Once cooled, press the dough onto a pizza pan. Start in the center and just use two hands to press the dough outward until you have about a 9-inch circle that's about ¼-inch thick. (You do not want to get all the way to the edges of your pan because the dough will spread in the oven)
- Bake the dough for 10-12 minutes or until you see the edges just start to turn golden. When it's done, remove from the oven and let it cool on the pan completely.
Making the Icing:
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Sift in the powdered sugar then fold in with a spatula until combined. Spread evenly over the cooled cookie crust.
- To make the green grass, just add the coconut and food coloring to a zip-top bag and mix until combined. Sprinkle around the flowers on the pizza.