This easy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is an appetizer that our family has been making for years and it’s always a winner!! It’s creamy, cheesy, spicy, and addicting!!
I love a good crockpot appetizer! There’s nothing better than being able to prep a snack before guests start arriving. We have a really big family so once everyone arrives at my house for parties or dinners, it’s nice to have something ready to dig into and not be in the kitchen prepping food.
Last time I made this buffalo dip was earlier this month for my son’s birthday. I was so busy throughout the day and towards the end of the party I went to grab some of the dip. Well, it was completely gone! I’m talking, empty, sides-scraped, gone! I was a little sad but it made me really happy that everyone loves this dip so much! Thus the reason…I’m sharing with YOU!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the slow cooker:
I like to use a rotisserie chicken for this dip. A lot of recipes will use canned chicken and for some reason, canned chicken gives me heebie-jeebies. But, if you’re ok using canned…go for it! Anyways, you’ll need 4 cups of chicken meat. I use the white meat and the dark meat. If you have a large chicken, you can probably use 1 but I usually buy 2 chickens and have a little meat left over.
(I like to buy the rotisserie’s at Sam’s Club…they have the best price!)
Once you’ve cut or shredded the chicken, you can add everything to your crockpot. I have THIS ONE that I can set on a timer and it will set itself to warm once the time is up! Make sure to save half a cup of the cheese to sprinkle on top of the dip when it’s almost done.
Is buffalo chicken dip spicy?
Yes, and no. Traditionally, buffalo chicken dip is made with a spicy buffalo sauce and is pretty spicy (especially for wimps like me). If I’m making it for my husband and his friends, I make with with extra hot buffalo sauce. But if it’s family coming over or a gathering with kids, I always make it with mild buffalo sauce so everyone can enjoy it.
We like to serve crock pot buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips and celery sticks. I promise you, whatever gathering you make this for, it will be gone!!
What to serve with buffalo chicken dip:
- Tortilla chips
- celery sticks
- pretzel thins
- pita bread
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 4 cups cooked chicken (Rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove the meat from a rotisserie chicken and chop or shred into small pieces. (You could also use baked chicken breasts).
- Add all of the ingredients (except 1/2 cup of cheese) to the slow cooker and cook on high low for 4 hours. I like to stir a few times throughout until everything is melted together.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and cover again until melted.
- Keep the dip on warm while serving. We like to serve this with tortilla chips and celery sticks.