Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies are thick chewy cookies that are easy to make and will dissapear fast! They’re loaded with peanut butter and double chocolate flavor and covered in crinkly cracks!
If you happen to be going to a cookie exchange, these chocolate peanut butter crinkle cookies are a great option! This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies and only takes a few minutes to pull together…plus, you’ll get rave reviews!
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies:
This recipe is pretty straight forward with no “tricky” parts. It’s a basic “wet ingredient meets dry ingredient” recipe that gets rolled in powdered sugar right before baking.
The first thing you’ll need to do is combine your wet ingredients. This includes the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla…basically all the good stuff! All of that gets beaten together until it’s light and fluffy. I use an electric hand mixer for this but you could also do it in a stand mixer.
The next step is mixing together the dry ingredients. Aside from the boring list of flour, baking soda, and baking powder, this recipe also has cocoa powder which makes these cookies extra chocolatey!
The dry ingredients then get mixed with the wet mixture and you’ll end up with a nice thick chocolatey cookie dough. Then you can fold in your mini chocolate chips. These add an extra chocolatey burst of flavor and also some melty moisture to the center of the cookie.
Once the chocolate chips are folded into the dough, you’re ready to roll! (Literally!) This cookie recipe is especially great because there’s NO CHILLING involved! You can go straight to baking once you roll them in the powdered sugar.
These will spread just a bit on the cookie sheet but not too much. You can place them about 2 inches apart and that should be just enough space.
Once they get baked, you’ll see the “crinkle” part of these chocolate peanut butter crinkle cookies! If you happen to be making these for Christmas, I love that they look like little lumps of coal. Thankfully they’re much tastier!
We like to eat these cookies while they’re still warm with a big glass of milk for a yummy treat!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
- Cookie sheet
- parchment paper or silicon mat
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick - softened)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with either parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter. Beat together on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat again for one more minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet peanut butter mixture and mix with a spatula until everything is incorporated together and you have a thick dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with the spatula.
- Add the powdered sugar to a small bowl.
- Scoop out your dough and form balls (a little smaller than a golfball or about a heaping tablespoon) and roll each one in the powdered sugar to coat.
- Place on your cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the pan for about 10 minutes then you can move them to a flat plate or cookie rack to finish cooling.