No Yolks Noodles were the perfect addition to a pot pie soup with no crust. They make the soup incredibly hearty and since they boil in the soup, there’s no extra pot to clean up when you’re done! And since you’re not using a pie crust and you’re adding noodles made with only egg whites, it’s a healthier alternative with less fat and cholesterol. I know I’ll never go back to a traditional chicken pot-pie!
Chicken pot pie noodle soup is such a comforting meal for a dinner or perfect to pack for lunches too. The No Yolks noodles hold up really well in the soup and they don’t get mushy or fall apart. I made this for dinner and packed some of the soup for my husband the next day and he said it was one of the best soups he’s ever had!
Chicken Pot Pie Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 and 3/4 tsp salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup half and half (milk would be ok in a pinch)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (you can use a rotisserie, boiled, or baked chicken!)
- 6 ounces No Yolk Noodles (half a package)
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large pot over medium heat. Once melted, add in the celery, onion, carrots, poultry seasoning, and ½ teaspoon of salt and sauté until the onions and celery begin to turn translucent. (About 7 minutes)
- Add the flour to the pot and toss to coat the vegetables. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the broth, water, and half-and- half, ½ teaspoon of black pepper and another 1 and ¼ teaspoons of salt.
- Add the peas and the shredded chicken and bring everything to a full boil.
- Once boiling, add the No Yolks® noodles and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!