Does caramel ever really need a lengthy introduction? I mean, it’s CARAMEL…we already know it’s amazing right?! This Easy Caramel Sauce however is made with brown sugar instead of white so it’s rich and tastes amazing on pretty much anything….seriously anything!
You start by adding the sugar, butter and water to the pan. How could anything that starts with those ingredients taste anything but great right?!
Once melted, you boil that for 5 minutes. It’s going to bubble like crazy but it’s totally fine. Just stir it to keep it from burning on the bottom.
After the 5 minutes, take it off of the heat and add in your evaporated milk and vanilla and stir until it stops bubbling and is completely smooth.
Easy Caramel Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup evaporated milk depending on the consistency you want
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add your butter, brown sugar, water, and salt.
- Bring to a full boil then immediately lower to a simmer (medium/low) for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- In a separate cup, add the vanilla extract to your evaporated milk. That way you can add it all in to the pot at once.
- Once your mixture has been simmering for 5 minutes, remove it from the heat and slowly pour in your evaporated milk/vanilla mixture. It's going to bubble up like crazy but just keep stirring until it all comes together.
- Make sure you cool it down before serving so it's not piping hot!