This Bruschetta with Mozzarella is the perfect appetizer! The flavors are so fresh and it’s easy to pull together in a pinch!
The secret to giving this bruschetta with mozzarella a big punch of flavor is infusing the olive oil with the garlic then toasting the baguette in that olive oil!
While the garlic is cooking, you can chop the tomatoes, onion, basil, and mozzarella and combine it with the salt and pepper. I just buy one of the big balls of fresh mozzarella and dice it but you can also buy the small mozzarella pearls to save on some time!
Tip: To remove the seeds from the tomatoes, just cut the tomato in half, then take a spoon and scoop out all of the liquid and seeds. This keeps your bruschetta from being runny!
Once everything is chopped and the garlic is cooked, you can add the garlic to the bruschetta mixture and then toast your baguettes in that yummy, garlic-infused olive oil.
After toasting, just top the bread with the bruschetta then drizzle with the balsamic glaze. The more the merrier!
I hope you and your friends and family enjoy this Bruschetta with Mozzarella as much as we do!
Bruschetta with Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion (optional but recommended)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 fresh baguette slices
- balsamic glaze drizzle (to taste)
- Heat the olive oil and garlic over medium/low heat until the garlic softens. (about 5 minutes)
- While the garlic is cooking, chop the tomatoes, onion, basil, and mozzarella cheese. Combine in a bowl and mix together with the salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to the bowl with the other ingredients. Leave a tiny bit of oil in the pan to toast the baguettes.
- Return the skillet to the stove and turn the heat up to medium/high.
- Add the baguette slices to the skillet and toast until golden brown.
- Top the toasted baguette slices with the bruschetta mixture and drizzle with the balsamic glaze. ENJOY!